FLU VACCINATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON FOR THE USUAL COHORT OF PATIENTS (SEE BELOW TO SEE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE)
WE’LL BE IN TOUCH WHEN APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE
Please note that people in the 50-64-year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine, and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
Click the document below to see the changes this year when you attend an appointment to allow for social distancing
If you are unsure as to whether or not you are eligible, please contact the surgery and one of our reception staff will be able to assist you.
Flu vaccinations are available to anyone in the following categories:
- People aged 65 years and over.
- All those aged 6 months or over with the following conditions:
- Chest problems including asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
- Chronic Heart Disease.
- Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Chronic Liver Disease.
- Chronic Neurological Disease (brain or nervous system).
- People who are immunosuppressed: have no spleen or whose spleen does not work properly.
- Pregnant women.
- Those in contact with people who may be at risk of developing serious complications from flu.
Seasonal flu leaflet
Please click on the following link for further information: